Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Sunday, January 24, 2016

PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE 24: 'SPACE'

CaptureYour365 
Week 4: Technical Week
Day 24: 'Space'


Space, the final frontier...

Space, hmm....

Spent quite a bit of time pondering this prompt and how to approach the assignment.

My first idea was photographing an empty space: the room that used to be Matthew's bedroom. Simple, straightforward...



...and boring.

Time for Plan B

I liked the photograph, the lines, the blocks of color. Even the ceiling fan was an interesting shape addition. Maybe the photograph would become more interesting is if it looked a bit less realistic.

Time to try some filters.



OK, much more interesting.

How about going more impressionistic?

Alright...



I liked the photograph above (which I have nicknamed 'Ghost Room'), except for the outlet and the hazy reflection on the wall, and the register on the floor. They were a distraction and had to go.

A couple of edits and a different texture filter later...



Perhaps a bit far-fetched, but I like the lines, the blocks of light and dark, how the light and dark balance each other.

If you read this deeply into the post, THANK YOU! I am curious...which of the photographs did you like the best and why?


2 comments:

  1. The original. I like the cleanliness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last one - it looks like an interesting abstract painting.

    ReplyDelete