Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE 18: 'WITH THE SKY'

CaptureYour365 
Week 3: Technical Week
Day 18: 'With the Sky'


In yesterday's post, I wrote that Nick, my cat, is a terrible model. He must of read my post because today I found him perched in his favorite window. When I fetched my camera, rather than hop down (which is what he usually does), he stayed put!

I took this photograph with my iPhone (again, because it was handy and I didn't know how long Nick would remain cooperative). The original was underexposed so as not to blow out the sky.

Original photograph



I imported the above photograph into Lightroom. I did a lens correction, opened up the shadows and cropped it. I also converted the photograph to black & white, which I thought more dramatic.

Final photograph: 'Nick in Silhouette'



No comments:

Post a Comment