Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Thursday, January 21, 2016

PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE 19: 'SIDELIGHT'

CaptureYour365 
Week 3: Technical Week
Day 19: 'Sidelight'


Behold Nick's sister, Emma.

Emma is actually a worse model than Nick, but I think she's jealous of all the press her sibling is getting. It's like living with the Kardashians.

For those of you getting tired of cat pictures, please keep in mind I am a woman of a certain age. You know what that means...photos of grandchildren, dogs or cats. My dog is camera-shy and I don't have any grandchildren. That leaves cats. 

Back to business...

I shot this photograph with my iPhone. Very few edits. Just cropped the photograph and opened up the shadows. I didn't bring out much of the detail of Emma's fur because I wanted her eyes to be the outstanding feature. I did convert the original photograph to black and white to add a bit more drama. 

'Prima Donna in Sidelight'






No comments:

Post a Comment