Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE 25: 'A FAVORITE'

CaptureYour365 
Week 4: Composition Week
Day 25: 'A Favorite'


This is a busy week, so I have gone to my achieves for 'A Favorite'. 

The photograph below is definitely one of my favorites. I wish I could say that I thoughtfully composed the shot, but I didn't. I 'discovered' this image when I reviewed the photographs I had taken.

In July 2014, I visited the Netherlands Open Air Museum near Arnhem. It was raining heavily that day, so I opted for my little point-and-shoot camera in lieu of my DSLR.

I was in heaven visiting the various antique houses, farms, windmills, gardens, etc. Those of you who know me know what a history buff I am. 

I took this photograph inside one of the farmhouses from the 19th century. I happened to notice an open door (the door is the brown object on the right side). There, at the end of a short hallway, stood a family of wooden shoes neatly lined up against the whitewashed wall, a spinning wheel nearby. And the lighting...it was as if the lighting was saying, "Susan, look! Take this picture!" I did. 

My little Nikon did a very nice job capturing the shot. The light was actually quite dim. I brightened things up Lightroom.  

'Wooden Shoes'




No comments:

Post a Comment