Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Friday, April 17, 2015

FUN WITH FILTERS ON FRIDAY

One day last January, while making my way from the grocery store to my car, I happened to look up. The bare, somewhat twisted branches, of a tree stood etched in the low angle sunlight of a winter day against a crystalline blue sky. The sight stopped me in my tracks.

To the amazement of drivers looking for a place to park, I set my bags down and began to dig in my purse. I was in search of my iPhone. With phone in hand, I circled the tree looking for 'the angle'. 

This odd behavior was the result of a photography class I was taking at the time. The instructor, a professional photographer named David Perry, had shown a number of stunning photographs taken with his iPhone. The photographs were wonderfully evocative and imaginative, this achieved through post-processing done with editing apps available for iPhone.

This I had to give a try...

Original photograph


  

'Fun with Filters on Friday': Tree in Winter




What I did...
  • Converted photograph to black and white
  • Applied square crop
  • Applied texture filter (if memory serves, I think it was called 'grunge')
  • Applied frame filter
I am going to write more about my iPhone photography experiences in a future blog posts. Stay tuned! 

If you would like to see some of David Perry's work, check out his website: http://www.davidperryphoto.com/site/DPerryPhoto.html

No comments:

Post a Comment