Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

NATURE & WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP ON CHINCOTEAGUE ISLAND VIRGINIA: DAY 2

During my week on Chincoteague Island, the weather was lovely. The days were mild & sunny. After a long, wet, gloomy Seattle winter, a taste of spring was delightful. 

On the second day of the workshop we were in the marshlands of Chincoteague Island. We shot from a road crossing the marsh. This was the view to the east.

Sunrise Over Marshlands, Chincoteague Island, Virginia

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


This was the view to the west.

Moonset Over Marshlands, Chincoteague Island, Virginia


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

After a couple of hours shooting, it was time for breakfast in the field. I had taken my camera off the tripod when someone in the group noticed elk crossing the marsh. The elk were moving at a brisk pace, so I had to shoot from the hip. 

Here is one the original photographs. Way overexposed. In the rush to get the shot, everything I ever learned about photography flew out of my head. The composition, surprisingly, was not too bad. 


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Fortunately, I was shooting in RAW. In Lightroom, I was able to salvage the photograph. It is not perfect technically. That said, I had my first wildlife photograph! Yay!


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment